CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Countdown to Graduation

As I'm nearing my graduation date, I've been reminiscing over my past 4 years at Penn and realized how fast time went and despite many hard classes...I've really had a blast.


Top memories of my undergraduate years (in no particular order)
1) Doing Penn-in-Tours with Anna--spending 7 weeks of summer in France wasn't bad and I had an awesome host family.

2) Watching Sean run and do a full on face plant with the concrete for Spring Fling 2007. Also, his explanation for why he was running was that I had apparently challenged him to a race--and he stopped when he realized I wasn't running behind him then he hit the concrete.


3) Studying abroad for a semester in England my junior year especially going a weekend trips and meeting up with other friends abroad. My favorite weekend trip was meeting up with Ishii and Sean at Oktoberfest: Munich, Germany.

4) Spring break 2008 with my favorites in Hawaii. Sunset catamarans with dolphins and whales, swimming with sting rays, jumping of cliffs in North Shore---an experience I will never forget and with some of my best friends.

5) Bros and Brahs Beach Party--crazy weekend for old friends to catch up and enjoy some fun in the sun. I learned the lesson of sunblock and not to trust native american Kyle when it comes to advice about sun protection...tan people burn too!

6) Melissa has been a great friend and roommate to me for two years in college. One of my favorite memories of us is when Melissa convinced me to buy a Halloween costume to go to Wachovia Center's Haunted House. Melissa, who is from LA, told me that all the people in LA dress up in their costumes to go to haunted houses. So, Melissa and I rode the subway in our costumes (her as a vampire, me as a sexy cop). When we got to the Wachovia Center, NO ONE was in costumes; everyone looked at us like we were crazy and it was freezing outside and had to wait in the longest line in order to get into the Haunted House. I will never go to a haunted house in my costume every again---or trust what LA people do according to Melissa because philly people don't do it =)

7) Finally, I've had a great senior year (despite the sucky classes) because of George. We've done a lot of fun things like dressing up like Ron and Hermoine for Halloween, going to a haunted prison, seeing Wicked on Broadway, running the Schuykill to the Rocky steps, the Philadelphia Zoo, etc. I am so lucky to have found him and know "this is only the beginning for us" as he always says.

0 comments: